Wednesday, December 14, 2016

This Week Completes my Mission





Hey guys!

It seems like forever since I emailed anyone. Mostly because I didn't on Monday, so I kinda haven't.  Our p-day this week is today, Wednesday, because we had Elder Nielsen of the Seventy come to our mission. It was pretty awesome!

On Tuesday we had a half mission conference with him, which took most of the day, but it was really good. I especially liked what his wife had to say.  She talked a lot about relationships with others.  How we need to marry someone who's on the same level spiritually as us, and how we need to be with our companions.  It was really great.

We also had stake conference this week, and it was really good.  Elder Nielsen was there for that, too.  We went to the Saturday evening session with Emily up at the stake center, and it was so crazy!


I didn't even think about how I'd see everyone from Loudon, too!  It was so fun seeing everyone!  I was crying through like half of it, and then President Griffin got up and spoke, and while he was up there, he invited all of the missionaries to come up and stand in front of everyone.  That's where I lost it.  I looked out and saw everyone from Knoxville and Loudon.  Everyone from investigators to recent converts.  Members who have changed my life, members who I had future plans with.  I swear I knew half of the people there, and that moment completed my mission, and this mission has changed my life for the better forever.

Even with that incredible moment, it still wasn't everything that made this week so awesome.  This week we had a lesson with Emily, and guess what. :)  She said she wants to get baptized!! January 14th, everyone! That's the big day!  Emily is honestly one of the most incredible people I've met on my mission.  She's definitely a friend for the eternities.  I wouldn't trade any of my missionary experiences for anything.  Not a million billion dollars!  It's too good. And everyone should get an opportunity like this.

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton




Stake conference seeing some of my Loudon crew, Caden and Sister Webber.



Partying it up with Emily!




Other moments of the week that I did 't have time to write about:

*Relief Society white elephant party

*A lot of sick time

*Dinner with Emily and the Harris'

*Getting our pictures taken by Brother Harris with the Elders

*Family Home Evening with the Dickamores, Prices, and Emily

*Elder Sims' birthday

*Raphujio, Grant, and Bro Kaiser are getting baptized in Loudon

No comments:

Post a Comment