Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas Ya'll!





Hey yn's!

This week has been awesome! We had been struggling to hand out all of the Light the World cards we have! And my dear companion, Sister Griffin, came up with the most brilliant idea of how to do that.  We went and bought cookies, put them in a bag, and put our cards on them, and we went around to our entire apartment complex and handed them out to our neighbors.  We got some awesome reactions!  The best thing is the walls in our complex are really thin, and very easy to hear
through, so we heard a lot of cool things.  One of the many experiences we had was we gave this man a bag of cookies, and he told us it made his day, and then we went to knock on the door right next to him, but suddenly we heard him get on the phone, and say, "Hey!  I just wanted to call and tell you what just happened.... These two girls came to the door and gave me some cookies for Christmas..... Yeah, they were so sweet!.... They're from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints....  I'm so used to seeing guys in white shirts and a tie. I didn't know they had girls out doing it...."  It was so awesome!  We made a few friends in the process and had a few people tell us we could come back and teach them!  I don't think I'd ever had so much success or made so many people happy in such a short amount of time!  It was incredible, and it made us both so happy!

On Thursday, the whole zone along with the Cookville zone got together and we had our Christmas zone conference/party.  Some wise words from President Griffin were said, and then we ate, played dodgeball, and then (drumroll please) we watched Star Wars!  First movie I've watched in a year!  It was awesome!

The best thing about my week was of course Christmas Day when I got to skype my family.  I cried, I really did.  But that's okay because I love them.

I hope you all had a great Christmas.  May we always remember the importance of this holiday all throughout the year.

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton






Merry Christmas to my dear friend, Mike!




All of us missionaries at church on Christmas Day.





Here's my family picture over Skype! I love these guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment