Monday, November 28, 2016

IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME EVERYONE!!!!! Oh.... And Happy Thanksgiving!....






Hey ya'll!

I hope yn's were able to have a happy Thanksgiving!  Mine was pretty good.  We went over to the Connaster's for some turkey.... And some sushi!  Konnichiwa ya'll!  However, it's surprisingly not the first Thanksgiving I've had sushi.  We also got to meet the new elder in our ward, Elder Dewsnup.  He's pretty legit. (Speaking of which, if it wasn't for him being transferred to our ward, it wouldn't even feel like a new transfer. #fastesttransferofmylife But anyway....) Later on I got to make a pumpkin pie that was straight from the pumpkin.  Like at the beginning of the day, that pie was a pumpkin.  It was awesome!

We've still been going around this week meeting with members to get them pumped up about missionary work.  It's been really fun to do that!  This week we got in to see Sister Nix, Marissa, and the Harrises.  They were all really awesome. There's something about being with people who believe the same thing as you do that just makes you really happy.  And really, it's fun just sitting down with people (who aren't intimidated by your name tag) to get to know them.

On Friday after district meeting, we went over to see Emily, and it was seriously the funnest time!  We got to help her put up her Christmas tree!  Ahhhh!! It's that time of year!!!  I love it!!!  And
I just love that we got to hang out with Emily for a little bit, too! It made it even better seeing her at church on Sunday watching her interact with the ward.  People know her name now, and they come up and talk with her and invite her to activities, and she's even starting to participate more in classes!  I feel so much love for that girl!  I can't wait until the day she get's baptized! (Because heaven knows she will!)

Things are going awesome out here in Tennessee.  The experiences are awesome.  The people are awesome.  The spirit is awesome.  I would never give up this mission for anything.

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton




Sister Griffiths and me on Thanksgiving day!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Quotes of the week (from a book): Mary Antoinette joined the group ignorance.
Mary Antoinette: I don't even know what that word means! Lol!
Mary Antoinette was separated from her head.

Number of guns pulled on me on my mission: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment