Monday, September 5, 2016

First Week in the Heart of the Mission


Hey ya'll!

So, this week's been crazy with transfers. Packed up my bags, said my goodbyes, had one last Tic Tocs, and went to Knoxville.

I'm here now trainer breaking Sister Hamp.  There's a lot of good things happening over here.  On Thursday we went to a less active member's house, named Clark.  He's pretty cool. He's all into music, but he's actually just learning the guitar, but he has a whole set up in his living room.  Oh yeah, and he's a lot older than you'd think he is, which just makes him even better.

The next day we went to see Leia, a less active member, and her daughter, Lakesha, and her son, Tyree.  They're super awesome.  We were planning on just teaching the restoration, but it got all emotional, and they all told us their life stories, and I just got deep, but it just made me love them that much faster.  They're gonna do awesome things in the world.

On Sunday we were coming in from a long day of nobody being home, and we were just about to go home, but on the drive back we decided to knock one last door.  We found a street we thought was good, and then chose a door.  I just knew it wasn't the right door, though, so I said, "Let's knock this whole street till we find the person we're here for."  So we did, and we ran into Zack.  He's super cool and has the cutest daughter.  I also totally related to him when I was like, "Hey man, nice Twenty-one Pilots shirt, and Jesus is awesome, too."  I mean, he loves Twenty-one Pilots, I love Twenty-one Pilots. He loves Jesus, I love Jesus. There's no way he's not gonna be baptized.  We have a lesson set up with him tonight, so life is good.

Hope ya'll have an awesome week!    #lifeisgood

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton





  Saying goodbye to one of my favorite people in Loudon, Sister Webber!


 Me and my new compy, Sister Hamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment