Monday, July 18, 2016

Gotta Catch 'um All! Investigators!





Hey yn's!

Literally everything happened this week.  We went over to see Caden on Monday to check in on him after his baptism.  After we talked to him, we walked back to our place with him, while he played Pokemon Go, and we didn't have the opportunity to talk to anyone while we were walking with him right then, but that was the day we got the greatest idea the TKM has ever seen.  Finding with Pokemon Go!  And guess what! The next day on exchanges, Sister Shuler and Sister Wagner found us two new investigators with it!  Guys, this is the new big thing.  This is honestly the coolest thing that I've heard of that's happened in the real world since I've been gone.  I'm getting it the day I get back!

The excitement of Pokemon Go was nothing compared to what happened on Friday though.  We have been going over to see Marisa and her family for awhile. She's the only one in her family who's not a member, and usually it's pretty crazy over there, so we've been waiting for a time when we could see just Marisa and ask her about baptism, so we went over to her house, and took her on a walk.  Guys, I know this is really fast, but she's getting baptized this Sunday!  It's so exciting! I adore her so much, and I just want the best for her. She's my little baby!

Saturday went nothing as planned.  We went over to Carolyn's house and repainted her kitchen with the elders and Caden.  Then we had a few lessons, and then we met up with the elders again.  Yeah, we're still with Caden, but now they were in their shirts and ties, and Caden was, too! He even stole one of the elders' name tags!  I loved it!  They were all so cute together! We went over to a prayer rally with them for all the Christians in Loudon, and then we got ice cream at our favorite joint down the street - Tic Tocs! It was a grand day!

The next day was so great!  We went to church, and we had 6 investigators there, one of them being Marisa. Then Caden received the Holy Ghost during sacrament meeting.  During priesthood Sister Shuler and I snuck in to see Caden and Jack receive the Aaronic Priesthood and be ordained to Priests! It was so amazing seeing Jack's reaction to getting it. It was so special for him and his wife, Christina.

Later on in the day we went with Jack and Christina to the Fairview Baptist church with their friends who go there.  It was awesome. Strange seeing people fall over and hug as intensely as some people were hugging there, but it was chill. I love going to other churches so much!  It's my entertainment out here! I love seeing how other churches worship.

Well guys, it's the last week of transfers, so I'm getting a new companion.  I love who I'm getting, too!  Sister Perry!  We were companions for an awkward week and a half of my life when I was in
Pellissippi/Harden Valley. She's such a sweetheart!  I get her on Wednesday, but we'll be in a trio for a few days because Sister Shuler doesn't go home until next Thursday.  It's crazy killing off another
companion, but it's good. Sister Shuler is gonna be such a boss at being a normal person again. And I'll still be chillin' here being a weird lil' missionary for a couple more months.


Sincerely,
Sister Shelton







The Wilson's moved this week. :/ it's okay though! They'll visit us" I love them so much!



Me and Sister Blickenstaff on exchanges!




My district at our last district meeting! (Left to right) Furrows, Parker, Evans, Johnson, Huskinson, (second row) Leon (with Kuhnen's face in front of his), Me, and Shuler!
Caden's pretending to be a missionary with us!





Our investigator Sam makes these! Pokemon go!





Quotes of the week: 



Daelyn: Mom, may I go to Mexico?
Anti Heather: No.
Daelyn: Why not?
Anti Heather: Because I don't want some Mexican coming over and cutting you open and selling your kidney on the black market.
Daelyn: Fine. I have to go tell them that I can't go.

 

Shuler: I bet you money they have wifi at this church.
Shelton: Dang it, it's locked.
Shuler: I bet you have to be a member.
Shelton: You have to pay your tithes.
*Shuler laughs and hiccups*
Shuler: Dang it! You laughed my hiccups back into me!

 

*As people start hugging really intently at the Baptist church*
Me: Sister Shuler, what if we hugged each other right now?



No comments:

Post a Comment