Monday, June 13, 2016

Milk and Honey Ya'll.





Hey ya'll!

This week has been so crazy! I love it!  So, last week there was a little uncertainty as to what was happening to me this transfer.  So, I'm here in Loudon, Tennessee.  It's the promised land.  It's just a cute little branch, and my companion is Hermana Shuler.  Yes! A Spanish sister! (Oh, and I'm killing her off, too, so stay tuned for a pic of how it's gonna be done.) And I already love her, and I already love Loudon.  I know this is where God needs me, but I don't know why yet. It just feels good to know this is where I'm supposed to be.

So Tuesday was Sister Gill's last day in Rotherwood along with mine, but she got transferred a lot further away than I did, because now she's home.  She's such a trooper!  I cried more than she did!  It was pretty funny.  I'll definitely miss Rotherwood, but now' my time for Loudon.

On Wednesday I said goodbye to three of my companions who are now home, and I came over to Loudon to party it up.  The very first thing I did when I got here was go over to mutual.  We played water balloon volleyball with the youth, and get this, we had five investigators there!  *jaw drops*  Yeah, I know. Crazy, right?  But it was so fun and a great way to instantly meet people.

On Thursday we went on a big old team up with Sister Cooper and her cute daughter, Katie.  We went to Greenback to try and find some less active members. And guess what. We found one!  Brother Douglas. He was really nice and let us right in.  At the end of our lesson we said a prayer, but not just any old prayer, Brother Douglas wanted to say a kneeling prayer.  Who ever suggests that?  Oh yeah, a man with lots of potential - that's who.  So we'll keep working with him.

Later on that day, I had my very first Spanish lesson. It was really fun!  We went to see Yamel.  She does speak some English, and I also speak some Spanish, and my dear companion speaks both, so I thought it was pretty good. I actually was able to understand almost all of our Spanglish  conversation.  There's some extra points for us for that one!

On Friday I got to meet everyone in our district at district meeting. It was pretty good.  We talked all about the Kingdoms of Glory.  And we all nerded out about that. Nbd, just being a missionary.  After
that we all went over to this place called Star Shangri-la which is a therapeutic horse place for kids with special needs. We got to buck hay!  It was pretty fun!

On Friday we went over to see Holly and Caden, some of our investigators!  We actually saw them a couple other days, but now I'll tell you about them...  Pretty much they're the coolest.  Caden was
one of the investigators we had who came to play water balloon volleyball.  We met up with him, and he helped us walk a different investigator's dogs, and pretty much went on a team-up with us, when we saw Carolyn, our recent convert, and we talked with a guy who really wasn't interested in what we had to say. #teamupwithaninvestigator  He is set up to get baptized in July, so we'll be working with him a lot.

On Sunday we went to see Carolyn who I mentioned earlier.  She just had a surgery so we've been checking up on her a lot to help her out. We got to wash her dog, which was a first for me. And then drum roll, please.... I GOT TO CALL HARLEY!!!  I have been trying to call him for weeks now, but at first he wasn't answering, and then I lost his number, but then I was just looking through my iPad, and there it was! There was his number! So I called him!  And my life was made!  This was the first time I got to talk to him as a member of the church! He's doing so good! He was baptized last week and confirmed this Sunday!  MY LIFE OUT HERE IS SO GOOD!

Just remember to do the good things in life.  The things that get you closer to God.  There is literally NOTHING that will make ANYONE happier than the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I challenge ya'll to give up something for God this week.  It'll be the best thing for you. Live up to your potential!

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton






Me, Gill, and my Grandma Mills. I love her to death!



Transfers with Rosy, Smith and Gill!



And now I have a new companion, Sister Shuler!



Fort Loudoun with the Coopers!


Nine months ya'll!


My new best friend Robyn. We have all the connections!


My other new best friend Caden!








No comments:

Post a Comment