Monday, April 25, 2016

God be with You Till We Meet Again





Hey guys!

So, this week has been.... interesting to say the least.  Sadly, Sister Murri and I are still sick.  I think we're more sick of being sick than we are physically sick.  That's why today we're going on a hike
even while being sick.  It's more because transfers are this week, and I'm leaving to go to Rotherwood with Sister Gill! I'm so excited, but I'm definitely going to miss everyone in Grove Park and Sister Murri. She is bad. But at the same time, I'm so excited to go be with Sister Gill! She's so cute!  And Rotherwood is cool because of so many reasons.  It's half in Tennessee half in Virginia, and it's right next to my first area, Rogersville! I just feel like I definitely need to be up there. They keep putting me up there.

Despite still being sick, when we did have enough energy to do stuff, it was really good... And really weird..... Bible bashing referrals, and creepy guys calling us on the phone are just a few of the really
weird things that happened, not just this week, but all on the same day. Literally everything that happened on Saturday was completely weird.  Those stories are to be saved for after the mission, though. And yeah, weird things happened on more than just that one day, but hey, good things happened, too.

On Friday we went with Harley over to Greg's house, his friend, to record a song that he'd been writing.  Yes, you read that right.  One day in church Harley heard us sing, and he said he liked the sound of our voices and that they'd sound great in his song, so he asked if we could sing back up in his song. We weren't quite sure what to say, so we called up Pres and asked if that was okay, and he responded with, "Sure. Just make sure you give me a recording."  So we went ahead with it!  Hopefully, Harley likes what we gave him. If not, that's okay.  I didn't want to be famous, anyway.... -sobbing in a corner-  I'll be sure to let ya'll listen to it when he's done with it.  Until then, the book is true, the atonement is awesome, and God be with you till we meet again!

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton

Quotes of the week:

-After playing the piano-
Greg: Your mother must be a very stern woman.
Me: Yes, she is.

-After singing "I'll Go Where You want Me to Go"-
Bro Long (2nd Counselor in Bishopric): We're going to hear from,
Brother Garcia, after which we will sing hymn #152, God Be with You
Till We Meet Again."
-Sister Murri, Elder Wadsworth and Elder Stringhaas they point at me:
GAH! This is for you!
Me (in a hushed annoyed whisper): You shut up! You all shut up!







Finally, my last week being here, I got a picture of it!


Us recording the song with Harley.


Also, we're totes in a band.


Me and my cute district! (Left to right: Lakko, Daynes, Me, Murri, Wright, Wagner, Heiner, Stringham, kneeling left to right: Wadsworth, Merrill)


My awesome investigator, Jen!



One of my favorite families, the Hutchens!

We're so boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment