Monday, March 14, 2016

Six Months have Flown By!





Hey everyone!

So this week has been really good.  It started out with me freaking out about transfers.  I wasn't sure if I was going to stay here in Grove Park or not, but I am, and I'm so happy about it!

After we found out about transfers we went up to the Smokie Mountains, and went up to Cade's Cove with the Chillhowee sisters and one of the members in their ward, Sister Cupp.  It was so much fun.  On our way back we got boiled peanuts.  Add that to the list of southern food.  I approve of them.  They're different, but good.

On Tuesday we had a lesson with our investigator, Harley, and it was just so cool because he said that he wanted to get the priesthood so that he could help bring others to Christ with it. It was so cool! Nobody ever says that!

Later on that night we went over to Twiters to celebrate Trunky Twister Taylor Swift Tuesday!  It's the tradition of this area to go there the last Tuesday of the transfer to say goodbye to everyone
leaving.  RIP Elder Hoyt, Cook and Michaelis.

On Wednesday we went and had lunch with Amber, who is a cute recent convert!  I love hanging out with her.  We got Asian food which is a little hard to find good Asian food in the south, but that's okay. It just makes it even better when we do get it!  Later that night we went over to our lovely Son Light Baptist Church and helped them with AWANA.  It's a thing they do very Wednesday night for the kids. We got to help them with their games.  At one point we did tug o' war, and they got me and Sister Murri to go against each other.  They made their bets as to who would win, and wait for it...... Yes that's right, folks! I won!.... That is until all the kids ganged up against me and helped Sister Murri out.

Saturday was a pretty fun day!  We had stake conference, and it was really good.  Sister Griffin spoke about Satans D's, which are doubt, distraction, discouragement, disobedience, and depression.  I really thought it was a great list of ways he can get to us. At the end of it, it was just really fun to see all of the missionaries in our stake. It always brightens my day to see other missionaries! :)

The next day we had the rest of stake conference.  We were so lucky, and our ward choir got asked to sing in it!  I always love singing with the choir, but it wouldn't be possible without our awesome choir director, Sister Turvaville!  I just love her!

I hope y'ns have a great week! Keep keepin' on!

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton






The excitement that happens when you find out you're gonna be with Sister Murri one more transfer!


 

The excitement of Cade's Cove! Dis one's pretty!







Spring is in the air! Guys these tulip trees are all over the south! It's becoming so beautiful!



Here's us celebrating our six month mark!




Me burning some tights for our six months!



Celebrating our six month mark with the famous Sister Turvaville!





No comments:

Post a Comment