Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year Y'ns!



Hola familia y amigos!

Oh. *cough* Sorry ya'll....  Happy New Year!  I hope y'ns had a great
celebration into 2016.  I sure did.  I slept.  My dear companion,
Sister Johnson, put an alarm on for 11:58, so we could wake up and
celebrate together, which was so far from what I wanted to do, but I
just went with it.  Apparently, when the alarm went off, I stirred and
just went right back to sleep, and she celebrated by listening to the
fireworks going off.  I didn't remember it in the slightest, so yay!
We both got our wishes!

A lady in our ward celebrated by getting an emergency surgery, so we
bought her flowers and babysat her for about an hour while her
husband ran home to shower.  She's back home now and is doing much
better, so no worries there.  It was nice doing that service for her
and her husband because I really felt like we were helping by being
there, and it was nice and relaxing.  A good change of pace from
normal missionary work, where we just got to help her when she needed
and I got to read the "Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball" the rest of the
time.

Something cool that happened this week is a kid in our ward got his
mission call!  Kid.... He's older than me.... This guy got his mission
call.  He's going to Vegas!  It was just so interesting going to a
mission call opening being on the other side of things.  I knew what
it was like to be him for that moment.... But I went to the Bible Belt
and he's going to Sin City.... So.... Kinda!....

We went to see Beverly this week!  You guys, she's golden!  We were a
little scared that we were pushing too hard with baptism, so we
stepped back for a moment, but the last lesson or two she's been the
one to bring up the idea of baptism.  The last time we saw her we read
Lehi's Dream with her, and she really connected with the people who
ate the fruit and knew how great it was, and then felt ashamed because
of the mocking coming from the people in the great and spacious
building.  She wants to stay strong even with her friends who question
why she is meeting with us.  She says that she feels so happy meeting
with us and reading from the Book of Mormon. It's really amazing
seeing her progress like this.  She's the first person I've seen
progress right from the first lesson, and get so far, so it's really
exciting to me!

I hope ya'll are doing great!  Have an awesome week!

Sincerely,
Sister Shelton

A duck egg from the Philippines.  I would have eaten it, but i think I may have left it out of the fridge too long.


 
Sister Shelton and baby water ballon Sheldon.



I think I may anger Sister Johnson and Elder Brown...



My zone (Cumberland) with Elder Zwick of the Seventy.

  
Our combined Christmas zone conference with the Knoxville zone.  We got TKM flags for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment