Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015



Hey everyone!

So this week has been awesome! I got transferred to a new area. Now
I'm in Grove Park, Tennessee.  It's pretty great.  My new companion is
Sister Johnson, and let me tell you, it is quite the party over here.
I love her.

So I've only been in Grove Park for a few days, so I haven't really
had enough time to learn the area, but a few exciting things have
happened so far.

The first thing is we had a lesson with Dee, and as we were talking to
her, she said she'd picked out a day that she wanted to get baptized.
We didn't even ask her to get baptized. It was all her! So we asked
her what day it was, and she didn't want to tell us. All she would
tell us is that she wanted to get baptized then because it was the
same date that she got baptized into her current faith a few years
ago. After a little bit of fishing it out of her she finally told us
December 8th!  How exciting!?  But then she said she wasn't completely
sure about it because she said it seemed like it was too far away to
wait, so I guess the date isn't completely set, but it's happening!
Dee is getting baptized, and I'm so happy for her. She is the sweetest
thing ever.

The second thing is that Sunday was the primary program! Yes! Best day
of Sacrament ever!  So, there always seems to be one thing in the
Primary program that is just super awesome, and this kid takes the
cake. He got up and said his part with one of the ladies in the Primary
whispering in his ear, and once he got done with his part he turned to
her and said, "Wait.  One of the sister missionaries is dead." You
could hear everyone in the congregation snicker. We weren't quite sure
which one of us died.... After the meeting his mom came up to us and
said, "I'm sorry.  He's been obsessed with death lately."

Anyway,  so far I'm loving it here in Grove Park.  It looks like
there's a lot of potential here.  I hope everyone reading this has a
wonderful week, and remember to go use the atonement.  I can't get
enough of that stuff and neither can any of you.  Trust me.  Well...
Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment